Monday, October 13, 2014

Concord Crew Website

       After failing to make the CHS soccer team before my freshman year, I decided to join Concord Crew. I heard about it from friends and from reading the website. The new rower's handbook that I printed off the site taught me the responsibilities that I would have as a member of the team. They seemed far too numerous and daunting for me to handle at the time but now they are nothing if not routine. When I went to my first practice I was terrified of the older rowers, non of which I knew. However, by the end of my second season that fall, they were my friends.  
       
At Textile River Regatta in Lowell, I'm the one with the number
I am a firm believer that if I hadn't have read the information about the team on that website, I would certainly not be the person that I am today. Having so many close friends on the team has made me come out of my shell and has allowed me to become more confident in myself. Before I joined the team, I had very low self-esteem but my friends and my new-found skill for the sport, has made me believe in myself and be proud of who I am. Before, as evidenced by my failure to join the CHS soccer team, sports were never my strong suit. However, now I am rowing in the best boat on the varsity men's team. I have even been chosen to compete in the single boat going to the Head of the Charles, the second largest race in the world. I am in better shape that I have ever been in and I like to think I have matured and become I better person. I have even discovered the leader in myself, having been voted as one of the captains of the team. Crew has changed me more than I can say and has effected everything that I do. None of it would have happened if I had never read that handbook on Concord Crew's website.
Men's 1st Varsity at Lake Massebesic, we placed 1st
1V8, camaraderie at its best at NH Championships... also we got 6th out of 31








No comments:

Post a Comment