Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Walk This Way" Music Video

        My musical horizons were broad from a very young age, something I have noticed my whole life. I grew up with my mother being a fan of the classic rock that she remembered from her childhood and my father would introduce me to the punk and indy/alternative rock that he enjoyed. With so much musical variety, I was somewhat different from the other children of my age, even when I was still rather young. All this music excited me but soon, in third grade, I had decided that Aerosmith was my favorite band. Many things led to this, but an important factor was watching the music video for their "Walk This Way" being performed alongside rap group Run-DMC.
         Not only did I enjoy the song itself (most notably the guitar riff) but the video itself was simply fascinating. The aggression between the two bands astounded and amused me and I will always remember my shock when Steven Tyler broke through the wall dividing the two groups with only his microphone stand. The video's theatricality and stunning vocals inspired me to find more music like it. And I certainly did. A huge portion of the music on my iPod is classic rock in this vein, 54 songs out of that is Aerosmith alone. One of my first album's was Aerosmith's "Toys in the Attic" However, the fact that a rock group and a rap group collaborated on "Walk This Way", led to my love of many types of music as well. Lastly, I believe looking up to Aerosmith and Run-DMC's theatricality led to my outgoing behavior when with my friends.












No comments:

Post a Comment