Monday, October 13, 2014

My First iPod

        As stated before, I had an intense love of music from a young age. I had received a small mp3 player, 1 gb of storage space, from my parents in the fourth grade. Having my own portable music device overjoyed me! However soon, I was filling the mp3 player with the multitude of songs I was discovering and enjoying. After seeing the commercial's on television, I began asking for my very own, 5th generation, iPod nano. I could barely contain my excitement when I received one for Christmas of that year.
         My iPod was my prized possession. I carried it with me practically everywhere, this way I could keep my music collection with me and access it at any given moment. As a child who loved listening to music, this was the highlight of that Christmas and remained very important to me for years to come. That iPod opened up a world of possibilities for me. If I enjoyed a particular song or even album, all I had to do was download it and then I could listen to it all I wanted. Part of the reason why I enjoy so many different types of music is because of that gift. I wanted to fill up lots of space on it and as such I found new music and new ways of discovering it. The little silver machine worked extremely well too. In fact, it was fully functional until one day, in the summer before my sophomore year, it finally died. At this point, still loving the old, click wheel Apple technology, and wanting something that could hold even more music, I got my hands on a 80 gb, iPod classic. If it weren't for my first machine, I never would have had the extensive music library that I enjoy to this day. The video below shows not the type of iPod that I had, but one of the many songs that I had downloaded onto it.









No comments:

Post a Comment